- « 10 innocent hand gestures you should never use abroad »
- « KLIA2 declared safe by International Civil Aviation Organisation »
- « Act to prevent gridlock at cruise centre »
- « Coach crash: Tour agency to help with insurance claims »
- « Burst tyres cause discomfort, not danger »
- « China to drive demand for corporate jets »
- « The Hawaii of Korea »
- « Cultural Hotpot »
- « Under the Sicilian sun »
- « Jewel in the Middle East »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)