- « Doing things the Beijing way »
- « Travel black book: Get lost in Jakarta »
- « Twin air disasters threaten Malaysian tourism push »
- « Changi Airport handled 4.65m passengers in June; highest this year »
- « 'Made in Japan' up close »
- « Paris hotels allow guests to 'pay what you want' »
- « Gem in the Golden Triangle »
- « 33 per cent off room rates at Royal Plaza on Scotts »
- « Taipei's Gongguan to establish pedestrian zone for night market »
- « Tourists spend more here »
10 places to avoid Christmas
Skyscanner | Tue, Dec 24 2013
This article was originally published on the flight comparison site Skyscanner.
If the idea of Christmas fills you with dread, there are a number of countries around the world where 25th December is not even a public holiday.
You can hop on a plane, and in a matter of hours, the horrors of present buying, TV specials and the Queen's speech can all be left behind.
In the true spirit of the festive season, we bring you the top ten anti-Christmas getaways.
Least Christmassy places on the planet
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos. (Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Luxury Retreats, Reuters, AFP, Dhilung Kirat)