- « Chinese families of MH370 passengers fuming as MAS offers to bring them to KL but lands them in India instead »
- « Missing MH370: 'Good night' - last known words of MH370 revealed »
- « 'Mini-skirt turbulence' at Japanese budget carrier »
- « Missing MH370: Authorities 'shocked' by report on co-pilot »
- « George Town and PJ among top 10 selfiest cities »
- « MH370 co-pilot and colleague had allowed 2 girls into cockpit from takeoff to landing »
- « Missing MH370: US company puts crowdsourcing to work in search for plane »
- « Missing MH370: Cops get reports on low-flying aircraft and loud noise »
- « Missing MH370: Cops exploring possible angles »
- « Malaysia tracked missing jet to west coast »
At least 10 killed, 100 injured after Korean resort building collapses
The Korean Herald/Asia news Network | Tue, Feb 18 2014
GYEONGJU - At least 10 people were killed and more than 100 were injured after a resort building collapsed in Gyeongju, North Gyeongsang Province, Monday.
The ceiling of the prefab building, used as an auditorium, caved in at 9:15 p.m. apparently due to heavy snow, according to witnesses.
Some 1,100 freshmen of the Busan University of Foreign Studies were attending a welcome event organised by the student council at the Mauna Ocean Resort, the school said.
There were 565 students in the building when it caved in, the school said. Most got out soon after and around 100 were caught in the wreckage.
As of 7 a.m. Tuesday, nine students and one party organizer had died and about 100 others had been transferred to hospitals in the nearby city of Ulsan, according to local police officials.
Gyeongju resort building collapse
Click on thumbnail to view. (Photos: AFP/Yonhap, Reuters, The Korea Herald/ANN, Youtube screengrabs)