- « Changi Airport handled 4.65m passengers in June; highest this year »
- « 'Made in Japan' up close »
- « Paris hotels allow guests to 'pay what you want' »
- « Gem in the Golden Triangle »
- « 33 per cent off room rates at Royal Plaza on Scotts »
- « Taipei's Gongguan to establish pedestrian zone for night market »
- « Tourists spend more here »
- « MAS still the preferred choice with minimal cancellations »
- « STB revokes licence of travel agency M Asia Travel »
- « Visitor arrivals to Singapore flat in Q1 but receipts up: STB »
Five stars hotel and shopping mall to be constructed in downtown Yangon
Eleven Media Group/ANN | Sun, Feb 2 2014
MYANMAR - Yangon-Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) has already allowed Adventure Myanmar Tour @ Incentives Co., Ltd to construct five star hotel, shopping mall, economic centre building and service apartment on a 7-plus acres of land in the compound of State Defence University on Shwedagon Pagoda Road in Dagon Township, Yangon Region.
The meeting of the MIC held in Nay Pyi Taw on January 30 decided to allow the Adventure Myanmar Tour for the construction of the facilities through BOT system. The designated location is on the land plot no 63.
To achieve the permission from the MIC, those wishing to run businesses have to fill up the designated proposal form. These proposals have to be submitted to the MIC in Nay Pyi Taw and its branch office in Yangon Region.
Complete proposals have to be discussed at the meeting of the Proposal Assessment Team. The meeting has to make decisions on which proposals are accepted or objected. Regarding the accepted proposals, the MIC has to ask for attitudes from concerned state and region governments. The MIC issues out permissions if it decides to allow the proposals.